Friday, November 02, 2007

Sweatermaker Sock yarn



Yesterday I went to see Judy Maclean aka -Sweatermaker Yarns - , she had just finished dying some great sock yarn so once again I brought some home wet. I love the smell of drying yarn. This should be dry and ready to go to new homes this weekend. if you love it and want some let me know. I am going to Abbotsford next week to the BC's Creative Expo. This yarn is coming with me and I am sure it won't come back. Shan I have a fairly good match for your shawl and Coral here are the sock colours take your pick. I was also able to match up and get more of the mohair lace weight - just can't remember who that is for so if you read this drop by the store. I have your yarn.

I had a great visit with Judy. I left her with all kinds of yarn to dye for us. I will post it when I pick it up in a few weeks. We also talked about her workshop she will be doing at the next knitting Retreat. It sounds really good. I am just in the process of getting a few things organized and I will have the Spring knitting retreat registrations starting mid Dec. - So mark your calendar and don't make any plans (except you Lisa - you can have the baby) April 4-6, 2008

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha - that is funny Shelly.

Don't know that I have a choice about when the baby comes, but I am sure that it might be a little crazy to bring a 3 week old babe to the knitting retreat.

Next time for sure! I have knit 2 pairs of socks with the Sweatermaker sock yarn and LOVE IT. Next step, maybe her cashmere.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there too,Next time for sure!
Flora

Shan said...

How did I miss this post???? How on earth did I miss it?

You have a fairly good match for my shawl? WOOHOO!! You're the best! I'll phone you later - maybe tomorrow since today is your Mom's birthday - and talk about payment and transport. Thank you Shelley.