Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spinning Retreat

The fun never ends at Fun Knits. This year we were invited to be the vendor for the North Island Spinning retreat held at Kingfisher Spa. It was so much fun. We spent the entire time there selling fibre spinning and eating fabulous food.  Lynne Anderson from Knitopia in White Rock came and gave a wonderful demonsration on spinning on various spindles. It was so wonderful and inspiring I bought a set of Russian spindles. Four of us bought these spindle sets and spent a lot of one morning leaarning how to work them. It is quite tricky but we all managed. Lynne also gifted me a wonderful little support spindle for spinning cotton. I love using it. It was great to get back to spinning as I haven't done much in the last year. Below are the pictures I took at the retreat. There was about 30 people there and lots of yarn was produced in the 2 days we were there.



Lynne teaching how to use many forms of spindles.


Linda plying her first handspun with the help of Vyvyan

We set up shop in the middle of the room.

My new Russian Spindle set and cashmere fibre

Even the spiders were in the spinning mood at Kingfisher

No comments: