Friday, July 29, 2005

A Very Fun Scarf

On Wednesday there were a lot of knitters at the store for the afternoon. It was fun. I got a picture but somehow deleted it. So sorry. Marnie was there and working on one of her scarves. She knits them about 150 stitches wide and changes yarn every row. She mixes up her left overs and make these fabulous scarves. I am sorry I don't have a picture of her scarves but I will get some soon I hope.
She inspired me. I have leftovers of every yarn imagineable so this was the most fun scarf I have ever knit and I am sure I will knit plenty more.
I cast on 150 stitches and left a long tail. This becomes the fringe. Knit one row with a yarn then add a new yarn for the next row. tie these yarns together and leave a nice long fringe. That is it. I used 24 yarns and some of them twice so I think I knit 30 rows.
Here it is
A very fun scarf.
Here is a close up
Close up of scarf.

Some of the yarns in it are
SRK Ranee, Sari, Fizz, Mango Moon Sari Silk, Online Punta, Gjestal Naturgarn, Bernat Boa, Katia Scala, Patons Anna, Classic Wool, Ecoknits cotton, LL sock yarn Baby Monkey, Butterfly Cotton, Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden, a really pretty ribbon I can't remember the name of and a few other yarns that are nameless but really nice.
This is a fun way to use up yarn leftovers.
Also at the store on Wednesday I taught our next knitter to knit. She picked it up really easily.
Robin learning to knit.
Welcome to the world of knitting Robin. We hope to see many knit items from Robin, Her Mom is also a new knitter so they are going to inspire each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for using up all the odds and ends, your scarf is gorgeous Shelley! Mind if I "borrow" the idea to make up a few of my own? I have tons of leftovers from all sorts of projects.
Audrey