Monday, July 04, 2005

I had a great week

This last week was great getting to visit my daughter and Meika. They went home yesterday and today I have decided to clean up and organize my office. Beleive me it needed it. I will take an after picture once I get all my shelves organized. I wouldn't dare have shown a before picture.

I had a great day at the market and at the store on Saturday. There are lots of tourists on the Island right now and the knitters don't have any trouble finding the store. We set up our booth at the Farmers Market every Saturday on Quadra. Mom and I both look after the market until noon and then I go and open the store. This week it was very busy and we were both busy all morning. My dad sells vegetables and he was sold out before noon. He even went and picked more peas, sold them within minutes.
Here is a picture of our booth at the market just before it opened.
Our booth at the market.
We sell sweater, scarves, socks, hats, lots of baby items, kitchen towels and of course yarn. Since I opened the store I don't bring as much yarn to the market I just tell people that want yarn to go to the store when it opens.
There are about 20 - 30 booths every week and lots of wonderful crafts for sale. this week I bought another plant for my front garden and Mom bought the cutest little knit doll for Meika.
I started a baby sweater yesterday. It is really cute. I am nearly done and will post the picture when done. It is knit with Noro Silk garden and the pattern is Opptuna from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's Book #2 I am making it in colour # 84 I thought this was a great colour for a fall sweater. I have the front and back done and am working on the hood. I am doing a 6 month size. Meika is so tiny that it will probably be big on her in the fall, but she will grow into it.

No comments: