Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Baby Blanket is done

Well our new grandbaby can come anytime now. Mom got the Heirloom shawl done last week. It is amazing. She made it with Regia Silk sock yarn, a blend of silk , wool and nylon. It is incredibly soft.
Here is the picture of Mom and the finished baby blanket. Mom is very happy the blanket is finished before the baby came.
Mom and the Heirloom Shawl
this is a close up of one square and the edge. It is so pretty.
Close up of the Heirloom Shawl
This blanket will become a family treasure.
My Grandmother gave my Mom the pattern and my Mom knit this blanket for my oldest brother and now she has knit it again for her first Great grand child. That absolutely fits the blankets name Heirloom.

I haven't blogged much this week as I have had to hire a new person to care for my special needs guys. I have been interviewing and training all week. We even have had to alter the store hours but I am happy to say I was able to hire someone so things should get back to normal around here soon. I am intensely training this poor girl as she needs to be ready to take over for me when I go to Vancouver for the baby's birth and who knows when that will be, could be any time now.

I actually got all the socks knit and here is a picture of my favorite pair. They are made with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks in River colour.
Lorna's Laces socks - River

In the hand knitting department I am making a poncho out of Shetland Chunky in rose colour. It is turning out quite nice.
Machine knitting aside from socks I am making a lace shawl with Fiddlesticks Country Silk. It is beautful yarn. I just got some new colours in the store and I just couldn't resist knitting some. I will post pictures when done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
The baby blanket is absolutely gorgeous, and definitely deserves the title of "heirloom". Bet you can hardly wait now for the baby to wrap in it!
Audrey

Anonymous said...

Wow, the blanket is absolutely amazing! I wonder how many babies it will end up wrapping over the many years to come?

Uli said...

Just incredible. How beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations! This is really a wonderful, beautiful blanket.

Leandra in Vienna