Thursday, March 23, 2006

Jaywalker problems

Last week I started the Jaywalker socks in Opal Rosehip. When I started it I used 2.5mm needles. I usually use 2.25mm needles but thought I would use the needles I had handy. I didn't do a tension swatch, that is what a sock is isn't it. Well live and learn, yesterday I ripped out. I  knit it for a a few inches and realized it would be way too big so I thought maybe I will go to smaller needles (2mm) and so what if the top is a bit loose. Well it was a disaster. Once I got the heel knit I tried it on  tried to try it on, but no way I could get it over my foot. Way too tight, so that was that and it got frogged.



Image hosting by Photobucket



So here is sock #2 much nicer. This one is knit on 2.25 needles just like the pattern calls for and time will tell but I think this one will fit. I should have ripped out the first one sooner. I love the way this yarn looks with this pattern. It is really a fun pattern to knit.
Image hosting by Photobucket


2 comments:

Uli said...

Those look nice and I love they arn. They are on my list to knit soon as well.

Sharon said...

Shelley, these are addictive. I've made 7 pair. I agree with you when you begin they look too big, but the leg pattern really pulls in. I love the way they fit and I knit them just to the pattern. The heel fits snugly and they don't droop. You'll love them.