Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More snow and more delays



But we are opening tomorrow anyways. We likely won't have a sign we may not have the web cam ready, We won't have all our stock of yarn and we may not even have power. Today we are expecting a big snow storm with blowing winds and then later today it will turn to rain. Yuk!!!. This is a picture I just took of my deck. I am sure for the readers who live in snowing areas normally they think "so what its just a bit of snow" but around here we hardly ever get snow so we don't gear up for snow. Since the first big snow on Sunday the roads are still very icy and you can't get anywhere easily without a 4X4. Luckily we have a 4 wheel drive truck for moving the stock. I don't even own snow boots so am doing all this moving in running shoes. Well enough whining and back to work. I have abopted a new attitude of - " We will open ready or not" and I am not even going to worry about it.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Isn't this weather crazy? I'm trying to decide if I should go out and shovel later so I can get out and drive my friend's kids to school tomorrow if it is open. But with the wind, what's the point? Hopefully rain overnight will melt. Not looking forward to the winds. Wish I could come over tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Shan said...

I can't come over tomorrow either - I had planned to take my kids and a car (for a change) to pick up some goodies, but it will have to wait. I hope Christmas at the Cove is well-attended - it should be beautiful if there is still snow about.