Friday, January 06, 2006

Basket of Sweatermaker

In my last post I mentioned Megan and I went to Courtenay to visit Judy McLean and buy some more sweatermaker yarn. Well here is my basket full of sweatermaker bulky yarn. I love the array of colours so I thought I would share it with you. Megan and Meika went home yesterday and it is so quiet around here. I have been singing Ba ba black sheep to Meika and she loves it and the song is stuck in my head. It is am appropriate song for me to sing except we change it to 300 bags full instead of 3 bags full of wool. 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is a picture of Marnie wearing a sweater made with Sweatermaker yarn, looks great on her and holding her latest finished project. This is a baby sweater she made with Bravo Crazy colour. It is very cute. It is this Bernat pattern. I made this pattern with the Opal 6ply for Meika and it turned out perfect. 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here is the close up. She made the buttons on Christmas eve out of Fimo. I think they look great. I love the colour. Great job Marnie.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Meet Dianna, she is our newest knitter. She lives in Northern California but lives part time on Quadra Island. She live 2 doors from the yarn shop and decided to learn to knit just before Christmas. She wanted to knit some scarves for presents. She learned that quickly and she is modelling her nearly finished scarf. She has finished several since she learned to knit. She also wants to knit socks, so we took a few minutes on Wed night and she learned how to purl and how to knit on double pointed needles. She went home yesterday so I hope she can find a knitter to help her with the heel.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I posted the Opal Dreamcatcher and the Opal Rainforest in the Fun Knits EBay Store so if you want it they are listed under Opal yarns. The Dreamcatcher colours are great. I can see a few pair of those in my future.

No comments: