Saturday, June 16, 2007

Party week at our house



This week Meika turned 2 and my special needs son Cameron graduated from High School.
Meika's 2nd birthday was very fun( I just realized Meika shares her birthday with Stephanie The Yarn Harlot, well that cinches it Meika will definitely be a knitter). Lots of kids, food and cake. She had a good time. She is having a second party today for more of the family and her little friends. She was so cute at her party. The picture is of her finger painting with her icing. Lots of fun. I don't have pictures of her opening presents as I had to share the Camera batteries to make her present work, Grandma forgot to buy batteries.
About Cameron he became an adult this year and is transitioning from school to work I decided the best way to document things is with a blog. So we started Cameron a blog. Check it out. It is called Intervention at it's best and this is because Cameron is Deafblind and requires an Intervenor to help him communicate. You can read all about his Grad party here. The picture is of Cameron and Willie. She is his Intervenor and has been for the last 8 years of school. We are really going to miss her.

1 comment:

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Meika - a belated Happy Birthday!
I printed out the pattern for the Kauni sweater, so when the yarns come in, I hope you will let me know, Shelley. Does it come in other colourways than the pattern shows? Just wondering, but I do love the colourway on the pattern - perfect for our dull winter days to brighten up our spirits!