Monday, March 21, 2005

Baby Sweaters

Carol - one of our frequent customers at Fun Knits was in on Saturday and brought in the cutest sweater and hat to show us. It is made from Mission Falls Cotton The pattern is from Mission Falls - Wee Knits Too
Here it is. Carol was too shy to pose with it. Isn't it cute.
Carol's baby outfit
I spent the day at the store playing with Opal and deciding which colours match. I got in the Bees Knees
(go to Current Opal Collections then to Children's Sweater patterns) patterns for the store.
I also made up this Easter Opal basket for the window.
Opal Easter basket
Then I started a baby sweater for my new grandchild (due in June) I made this using 2 strands of Opal held together as the pattern called for worsted weight yarn. The tension turned out perfect and I had plenty of yarn for the sweater, hat and a few pair of baby socks. This is the yarn I used Uni Turquoise and the Magic 1051
Well here it is
Opal double stranded baby sweater
Here is the pattern. I had to adapt it a bit. I added stitches to the sleeves as they looked too tight. The hat is just knit in the round on 4mm needles, cast on 60 st. and knit. If you want the pattern for it email at shelmack@telus.net . This outfit will fit a newborn. I just need to make the socks and or bootees and it will be done.
I have started another outfit the same in Uni pink and hand dyed yarn and will post it when done.

1 comment:

Uli said...

Everything looks just awesome. Your customer's baby sweater is just beautiful and your adaptation of the baby outfit using two strands is great, too. I love your Opal basket. I picked up my first skein of Rodeo this weekend and can't put it down. Talk to you soon.