Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A New Year and some New Knitting


Do you make resolutions? I don't make sweeping resolutions as a general rule, but when it comes to knitting I do have some goals for this year.

1. Freeform knitting. I am hugely inspired by Jane Thornley, and would like to complete some freeform knitting this year.

2. Knit a sweater for myself. Both of my guys have gotten sweaters in the last year, it's my turn for a nice new sweater.

3. A pair of socks a month. I was inspired by the Yarn Harlot's self-imposed sock club in 2010, and will be trying something similar (although I may not have 12 pairs worth of sock yarn in my stash). I always give my mum socks at Christmas, and it would be great to have some pairs already put aside.

4. Finish my blanket! Again, both of my guys have blankets that I knitted, and I have been working on mine for two years. Mr. Kate even had the audacity to mention he might be due for a new one!

In the meantime, I am continuing to knit up a storm, currently working on fingerless mitts (found a great free pattern from Ravelry - Camp Out Fingerless Mitts), the first pair of 2011 socks and my Ocean Ripple in Pink. I so love Sweatermaker Island Hues Lace!


What are your goals in knitting/fibre this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Similar goal - 1pr socks a month, also inspired by Yarnharlot, but I likley have 2yrs worth of sock yarn in my stash :)
2) Finish my 6'1" 225lb husband's sweater - got bored so it's sat for 3 yrs
3) Make a sweater or 2 for myself - realize I own just ONE hand-knit sweater right now, and I didn't even knit it!