Thursday, August 11, 2005

NO pictures today

I was so busy yesterday I didn't have time to get any pictures. The store was just hopping busy and I was running around all day. The Wed. afternoon knitters came and had a good time knitting. Carol is working on socks, Ginny was busy making tension swatches for a Noro sweater, Carie was working on her hooded sweater for a new grandson and Marnie was so excited because she just bought a new house that she forgot to bring any knitting. We remedied that quickly and I got her some of my leftovers for her to knit an end to end scarf. Mom and I both had knitting with us but didn't knit a stitch.
The funny part of the day was last evening a couple of young girls rode up on their bikes. Shelby a 13 year old knitter has been working on a Boa scarf. She is doing very well but had dropped a stitch. When she pulled it out of the bag the yarn was so hopelessly tangled I couldn't beleive it.
We found the stitch and fixed that, then started to work on this tangle.
What a mess. We found the other end of the yarn and started to untangle it. She went home with it half untangle and the rest was for her and her friend to finish. I'll bet they are still working on it. I really enjoy the kids that knit. Shelby's friend wants to learn to knit too so hopefully she will start soon. I figure anyone who declares they want to learn to knit while in a mess like that Boa tangle must be sincere. Today I need to knit sock, I have 4 orders and am out of adult socks for the market again.

1 comment:

Uli said...

Your little grandaughter is so cute........... I'm glad you had such a good time. Hope all is well with you. We've been busy ever since our trip and I've got way too many projects started now. Yikes.... Talk to you soon.