Sunday, November 25, 2007

Catching up




This post will catch us up to the current. Lots has been going on so much I am too busy to blog..


Mom had a great birthday and thanks to all who came by and left comments. She had a great time. Yes that was Mom in the store last Wed. She came out of retirement to work last Wed. I am sure she will still be around. In this picture she is holding her nearly finished socks. I did finish them by the end of her birthday - ends sewn in and everything. We had a good time.
Now I am going way back to the Craft show at Abbotsford. I had these pictures and forgot to share them with you. They are so cute. We had a table set up with knitting needles on it so people could sit and make a little Christmas ornament. When Meika came of course she wanted to knit so she grabbed some needles and her Mom's name tag and started knitting it. So cute.
Once she got running around with the needles she lost them but she sat for about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to cast on with the name tag. Very cute.


Onto my next new passion. I have been spinning a lot and I am improving. My first stuff was too embarassing to show pictures of. It was certainly novelty yarn. I am spinning this lovely merino from Louet called Northern lights in Grape Jelly colour. It is sooooooooo nice to spin. I plan to make Meika a sweater for Christmas so I better get busy. I have 1 skein spun, plied and ready and I figure I will need 3. I will keep you posted on how this goes.

The last picture is Sweetie wearing a newborn hat I made ( yes I washed it before I gave it to the baby). Sweetie is the abondoned cat we got a while ago. He certainly is fine now. He actually loved wearing the hat. I may make him one for Christmas but a little smaller. He still won't go outside unless someone takes him outside so he doesn't have much need for a nice noro hat.

No comments: