Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weavers are lots of fun





I had a fun weekend at the Weavers retreat. I was 1 of 6 vendors at the retreat. When the weavers and spinners were all busy the vendors had down time. Of course I knit socks. I am working on my husbands Opal Autumn socks. They are turning out great. I even converted a couple of great weavers to sock knitting. Anna (sitting concentrating hard) had to learn everything. She got a crash course in knitting and purling and when I left she had 4 rows done. She will do great.


Jane already knew how to knit so she just needed a few pointers and she looks like a pro. Jane is a wonderful weaver and has a fantastic shop for weavers and spinners. I even bought a chenille scarf kit from her. It is time to dust off my Rigid Heddle loom. So I guess the conversion went both ways. The weavers inspired me too.
I also got a great offer I couldn't refuse to buy a spinning wheel. I will get it on Tuesday. I am going to keep it at the store. I bought some fleece from Joy. She has sheep on Cortez Island. I met her last year when I went to the retreat at Hollyhock.
If you are coming to the International Fibrefest in Abbotsford you will get to see all of these vendors including me. We are all going to be there. May 11-12. I wonder if Jane and Anna will have the socks done by then. I wonder if I will have my husbands socks done by then.

No comments: