Friday, April 15, 2005

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Yarn Arrived

I finally got it. I got my box of Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock Yarn. WOW!!!! is it ever nice. I already have one skein wound and on the knitting machine. when i am done writing this I am going to knit all night. I want to knit a pair of socks in each colour. I got 13 colours. Here is my order
Lorna's Laces Sock Yarn
The first thing I am going to make is a baby hat and some baby socks with the Rainbow colour.
The colours I got are
Watercolour
Vera
River
Sand Ridge
Rainbow
Purple Iris
Motherlode
Flames
Desert Flower
Liberty
Fresh Stripe
Lucky Stripe
Pin stripe.
Sorry Brenda they forgot to send the Sherbet that I phoned and asked for.
The store should be fun tomorrow a lot of people have been waiting for this yarn to come in.
Here are the hat and socks I made with the Rainbow Lorna's Laces. I have enough yarn left from the one skein to make a pair of newborn socks too. Guess who this set is for.
Rainbow Baby socks and hat
The Lorna's lace yarn will cost $10.95 Canadian a skein. It retails in the US for $9.00 so I am glad I can sell it for a bit less. The Canadian equivalent is $11.25 today.
I have shown great restraint tonight by only knitting 1 skein of yarn. I really want a pair of socks from this yarn but can't decide which colour I like best. Maybe tomorrow I will decide. I think I like the watercolur or purple iris.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that came fast from when they contacted you! I literally gasped when I saw it there.
I'm coming over for work on the 27th (planned specifically for a Wednesday), so I'll be in then. Be sure to save me some, okay? Actually, I think I'll go check out the colours at the LL site, then maybe get you to hold some for me. What's the price?

Uli said...

Oh wow......... now I'm really in heaven. But no black purl? (that's one of the colours I'm holding out for). :-) Same question as Brenda - what are they selling for? I want one each... if I could afford it.