Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Day 2 in business

Well it was a slow day. A few people were in the store this afternoon. A couple of ladies brought their knitting and enjoyed the store for a few hours. It is such a great place to sit and knit. My Mom ran the store this afternoon and I had it tonight. It was completely dead tonight but I really enjoyed it. I sat on the couch and knit. I hardly ever get time to myself so I enjoyed that. Busy would have been better but it wasn't. I decided Wed. evening would be a great time to teach new knitters. I will get that organized soon and start a small class.
Today I ordered Mango Moon recycled silk. It should be here in about 2 weeks. I also ordered magazines and some books for the store. I am going to carry Knitter's. Knit, Handwoven and Spin Off. I ordered a rack to hold all the books and magazines too.
This Saturday we aren't going to do anything special but the next Saturday we are going to have a sale on White Buffalo yarn. I have lots and a big variety of colours. That should be fun. I made my daughter a poncho out of Buffalo yarn, to keep her pregnant tummy warm this winter. It turned out really cute so we are offering the pattern, plus a child's poncho and a toddlers hooded poncho. I will post pictures of the children's one once they are done. Here is my daughter in her poncho.
Megan in her poncho

1 comment:

Brenda said...

The Lantern moon silk sounds really interesting.
If it weren't for the ferry, I'd love to join you in the store on Wednesday nights to knit, it would be fun!
I told a few knitters at work about the store. I think we'll come over one Saturday and have lunch over there too.

Brenda