Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Star of the Store yesterday

The star of the store yesterday Layla a 5 month old baby in shopping with her Mom. I got to hold her and play with her while her Mom shopped. She was so cute and she posed for a picture wearing one of my baby hats made with Opal Brasil 5001.
Baby in Hat
The store was great yesterday. Very busy all day. I got a lot of work done and feel ready for the Big Sock Yarn Sale next weekend. That should be great fun. We are also going to start our booth at the Farmer's Market that day too. It should be a very busy weekend.

My one accomplishment I am proud of this week is this lace poncho that Ming volunteered to model for me.
Lace Poncho It is too big on her but she didn't mind.
This is my first attempt at lace knitting with my Mom's new Brother knitting machine. It was a lot of work but worth it. Lace knitting is very fun on the knitting machine. I hope to do lots more.
On the hand knitting front I have been whipping up scarves for samples for the store to showcase the yarns. I love combining the yarns to get new looks. I have also been working on the baby blanket that Mom and I are making for the new grandbaby. It is amazing how different 2 people can knit. Mom knits tighter than I do so I have to go down 2 needle sizes to get the same tension. I will post a picture of the blanket when finished sometime within the next month. My last accomplishment for the week was a matter of necessity. Last weekend my son's shoe laces broke and we have no where on Quadra to get shoe laces on Sunday. He needed to wear these shoes to school on Monday so I made him some using left over sock yarn. I used 3 strands together and crocheted a chain. I used Lorna's Laces Rainbow and 2 Kroy yarns a black and black and white. Well these shoe laces were a big hit at school.Lace Poncho
I was thinking these would be great to include with a pair of socks for a child as a gift.

No comments: