Sunday, July 31, 2005

Visitors from far away

Yesterday was a great day at the store as usual. When it first opened there where people waiting to get in. They had walked on the ferry to come to the store. We talked a bit and then I realized how far this woman had come to go to my store. She is from Baltimore visiting her parents in Edmonton, Alberta. She got the name of the store from the Lorna's Laces website. and decided to look us up while in the area. She was looking or Lorna's Lace sock yarn but she found lots more yarn to enjoy also. She had fun. Her parents were very patient while she shopped. I went home and got some magazines for her Dad he was so bored.
Visitor shopping.

The internet sure does connect people all over the world.
My neice 8 year old Jessie arrived yesterday for a 2 week visit. My brother and his wife have gone off on a motorcycle trip to a big bike show in the States. Sounds boring to me but they are very excited, now if it was a yarn show I could understand.
She is so cute but she doesn't want to learn to knit. I will try and change that. We will see.
I gave her a little shawl I made last spring. It is made with hand dyed yarn and it fits her perfect. Here is Jessie wearing her new shawl.
Jessie in her new shawl.
Here is the back. her little lamb is wrapped in a fuzzy scarf.
Jessie in her new shawl/ back.
My last picture of the day is what your house looks like after a rainy day at the market.
Drying scarves.
Nothing really got wet as we have a tent but it all gets damp, so I have to make sure everything is dry before it is put away for the next market. That is just the scarves. the sweaters are all hung up and the socks are over at the store. Mom's towels are waiting for the scarves to dry and then they get the couch next.
lots of fun. Pray for sunny Saturdays for the rest of the summer.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Your niece's shawl is gorgeous! Might I ask the name of the pattern? Your granddaughter is so cute!!
Cheryl
http://mason204.journalspace.com