Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Gibson's was a blast

We had a great time at Gibson's Fibre Festival. It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun. I met so many new people and a few customers that I only knew from the internet. It is so nice to finally meet face to face. Here are some pictures. The first 2 are of the Merchant Mall and if you look close you can see our booth. My Fun Knits sign is on the wall in the first picture between the white square and the black rack on the wall. These pictures were taken just before it opened.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a close shot of the booth. It was really fun to hear people when they got to our booth say " OH wow Sock yarn". I sold tons of sock yarn.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Megan and I spent most of my days at the cash register, but I did get a little shopping done and a bit of knitting. We also chased Meika around. My husband had Meika most of the time and she was very busy. She is sleeping in her stroller in this picture under the bright orange shawl. When she was sleeping her stroller became a display rack.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Holli from Bees Knees came the last day. It was great to have the extra help and fun to chat with Holli.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is what we did when we were done selling for the day. Megan knitting and Meika napping. The other lawn chair is mine with my new knitting bag full of knitting waiting for me. It was the only way to unwind after a long day of chatting and selling. After the picture was taken here we all fell asleep. Very relaxing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On the last day when we tore the booth down we went out for dinner with our new friends, the owners of Knitopia in White Rock. We had a good time. We were all exhausted and starving by the time we were all packed. It was a fun show and I will definately go again next year. The only down part of the week was we came home to a burned out pump in our well and no water. It will be fixed within the week but wow is it hard to live without water. I am doing better about it today but yesterday was rough.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I don't think I could live without water-you poor thing- all the power to you!